4.11.2010

glass music

I'm totally digging on this album from Glass Ghost (Brooklyn!). I dig the bizarre narrative lyrics, which is a writing approach that is usually a hard sell for me. But they are just the right kind of quirky, with just the right kind of homemade beats behind them. Don't let the word 'beats' throw you off, though--the overall feel is pretty low-key. Oh, and a really cool thing about this album is that each track features a number of musical contributors--the fab Sharon Van Etten being among them. So rad. I love a good, friendly collaboration.


If I had to throw some "sounds like"s out there, I'd say this has tinges of Bjork, Animal Collective, Air, and Sunny Day Real Estate.

Fave tracks are: "Violence," "Divisions," and "Time Saving Trick."

Over and out.

2 comments:

Aaron J said...

Checking it out...thanks Mariann.

Mariann said...

Hope you like, Aaron. Good to see you at the DJ helm this afternoon!